Beef Haleem ingredients
- 1/2 kg Wheat grains, crushed and soaked in water for 1 1/2 hours
- 1 1/2 kg Beef or mutton
- 1 cup Gram lentils, soaked and boiled
- 3 medium Onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala ( ground )
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups oil or ghee
- 1 pinch of Soda
For beef haleem Garnishing:
- 1 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp White cumin, roasted and ground
- 1 tsp Garam masala or ground
- 2 medium pieces Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large Onion, finely thinly sliced
- 4 Lemons, cut into quarters
- 2 cup ghee or oil
How to make Beef Haleem
- Heat banaspati in a pan.Set meat in the pan.
- Put garlic, garam masala, red chili natural powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt.
- Cook on medium low heat. In a separate pan boil wheat grains with lots of water, add salt.
- When the grains become sore and mushy add pinch of salt in it along with cook further for 15-20 minutes.
- Now mix the wheat grains with the meat and mix properly.
- Stir continuously so that are both mixed properly.
- Now grind the lentils in a blender.
- Make it into a thick paste by adding 2 cups of water although processing it.
- Pour the actual lentil paste into the meat along with wheat mixture and stir to mix well.
- Place the griddle on a heavy griddle (tava) on minimal heat and cook with regard to 30-40 minutes.
- Fry the sliced onion in ghee and drain on absorbent paper.
- Beef haleem is ready to serve, now sprinkle fried onions, fresh mint, gram masala and cilantro leaves, cumin and ginger.
Keep some seasoning separate and serve with Beef Haleem
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 50 Mins
yield: 6 servings