Recipe: Beef Vindaloo
- White Vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Garlic Paste – 1/4 cup
- Ginger Paste – 3 tablespoons
- Plain Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 2 tablespoons
- Black Pepper (Ground) – 1 tablespoon
- Red Pepper (Ground) – 1 tablespoon
- Boneless Beef – 2 pounds cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 cup
- Opinion (chopped) – 2 onion
- Tomatoes – 4 (plum) chopped
- Water – 1 cup
- Whisk the garlic paste, ginger paste, yogurt, vinegar, black and red pepper and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mix in the beef cubes until evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the onions in the hot oil until they soften and turn golden brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef cubes, and cook, stirring frequently until the meat is no longer pink on the outside, about 10 minutes more. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until the beef is tender, about 40 minutes.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)