Chicken Biryani ingredients
- 1 1/4 kg chicken
- 1 kg Rice
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 3 Onions, finely Sliced
- 6 Tomatoes, finely Sliced
- 1 cup whipped Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Poder
- 6-8 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Whole Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup Yellow Food Color
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Few drops of Kewra Essence
- 1 cup cooking oil
How to make Chicken Biryani
- Heat cooking oil on medium heat for 3-5 min and add all garam masala.
- When masala start poping add onions and stir fry until golden brown.
- Now add garlic & ginger paste, cumin and trumeric then stir fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes and prepare until tomatoes tender.
- When tomato form a paste add chicken, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala, fresh corinader, mint leaves and powder green chillies, yoghurt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 12-15 mins
- Parboil rice with small amount of salt and drain the water of rice.
- In a large pan, layer the chicken curry then rice.
- Mix kewra essence and food color in milk and sprinkle over rice.
- On a hot griddle over medium heat simmer chicken biryani for 15-20 mins.
Chicken biryani is ready to serve hot with salad and raita.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 35 Mins
yield: 6 servings