- 1 or 1/4 cup chick peas
- 3/4 cup Chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Tamarind pulp
- 1/3 cup Tomatoes
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 2-3 Green chillies
- All spices and chili powder 1 tablespoon each
How to make Choley Chana
- In water soak chana overnight or atleast for 6 hours.
- In a cooker, cook the chana in water and add pinch of baking soda and salt in it.
- Let it whistle 3 times.
- Take away the extra water and keep aside.
- In a pan take 2 tablespoons of oil and heat up then add zeera (cumin seeds), mustard seeds, chopped onions and fry until light brown.
- Now add the boiled chana and tamarind juice.
- Into the pan grind the rest of the ingredients and salt, cook on medium heat.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.
Choley chana is ready to serve with batura.
Prep Time: 6 Hours + 20 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
yield: 4 servings