Zarda Rice Ingredients
- 1/2 kg rice, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1/2 tablespoon Yellow food color
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 Pistachio nuts, blanched and slivered
- 4 Small cardamoms
- 10 bad-am or almonds, blanched and slivered
- 6 Cloves
- 1 cup ghee
How to make Zarda Rice
- In a pan boil 8 cups of water and add rice, cardamoms and cloves.
- Prepare the rice until they boiled then strain and drain all the water and left it cooled.
- On a large dish spread rice and sprinkle sugar, yellow food color and nuts on it.
- Mix well so that the color spreads.
- Now in a pan heat the banaspati ghee add rice and on medium heat prepare until all the syrup of sugar dries.
- Heat tava on a high heat then place the pan and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice with a fork.
Zarda Rice is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings